The Mission of this Association
The National Association of Healthcare Advocacy Consultants is a non-profit healthcare advocacy organization dedicated to empowering advocates and consumers to navigate our healthcare system effectively and facilitate informed decisions around high quality, timely, safe and affordable care.
- We promote rigorous standards for the practice of advocacy including ethical considerations and codes of conduct when providing medical decision-making support;
- We educate consumers and healthcare professionals on research and current trends in patient-centered navigation, advocacy and decision-making support;
- We partner with individual advocates and other grassroots organizations to collaborate on patient-centered reforms that maximize use of the healthcare system, protect consumer choice and improve access to high quality, affordable care.
We welcome as members everyone who is interested in the field, either as a professional or an interested consumer. We have several levels of membership available.
New members are required to read and agree
to the NAHAC Code of Ethics.
What are the benefits of joining the NAHAC?
- Listing in the on-line National Directory of Healthcare Advocacy Consultants.
- Access to a national database of people doing healthcare advocacy all over the country.
- Networking opportunities.
- Participation in the annual Conference.
- Participation in the development of ethical standards and best practices for the profession.
- Continuing Education courses listings.
- Monthly member roundtable conferences
The 4th Annual Conference Was a Huge Success!
2013 Conference Announcement
Members may now now access the conference podcasts including question and answer sessions and presentation slides.
2012 Conference Podcasts
Here is what members are saying:
- High caliber speakers
- Great networking!
- An opportunity to meet seasoned professionals who share my passion
- Great presentations; informative and professional
- Intriguing case studies
- Conference podcasts are very useful