National Association of Healthcare Advocacy Consultants
3030 Ashby Ave., Suite 105
Berkeley, CA 94705
The National Association of Healthcare Advocacy Consultants (NAHAC) is a professional organization for people working in the field of healthcare advocacy. The mission of this Association is twofold:
- To promote the field of healthcare advocacy
- To ensure consumer protection through development of professional standards and best practices in the field of healthcare advocacy
The Association recognizes that there are currently people with many types of experience and training who assist the public with healthcare advocacy. These include medically trained healthcare advocates, advocates in non-profits, individuals who have learned “on the job” helping a friend or family member, researchers and educators in the field of healthcare advocacy, and advocates working in the fields of public policy and legislation. Each of these groups brings a unique contribution, specialization or focus to this growing field, and each is critical to the development of the profession. NAHAC embraces this multiplicity of approaches, recognizing that, in the end, the public will have a wide choice of services and advocates and this diversity of approaches enhances the profession.
The National Association of Healthcare Advocacy Consultants (NAHAC) exists to improve the way people interact with and experience the health care system by supporting public education to foster effective self-advocacy. NAHAC is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit corporation and your donations are deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
New members are required to read and agree to the NAHAC Code of Ethics.
What are the benefits of joining the NAHAC?
- Listing in the on-line National Directory of Healthcare Advocacy Consultants.
- Access to a national database of people doing healthcare advocacy all over the country.
- Networking opportunities.
- Participation in the annual Conference.
- Participation in the development of ethical standards and best practices for the profession.
- Continuing Education courses listings.